A Vietnam visa is required for most foreigners to enter and exit Vietnam at the three international airports in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang.
Vietnam Government Policies for Visa on Arrival
How to Apply for a Vietnam Visa Online
Step 1: Get started by filling out the secure online form https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn
Step 2: Confirm and pay
Step 3: Receive and print the Approval Letter
Step 4: Get your visa stamp upon arrival at one of three Vietnam international airports
Fill in the application using the correct information regarding your name, passport number, date of birth, nationality, gender, and arrival date. We accept most major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
As soon as you submit your application and payment, we will start processing your visa request. We will send your Approval Letter via email within two business days. You will need to print the attached PDF file (in color, if possible, though it is not required) and prepare at least two (4cm x 6cm) passport photos.
Upon arriving at one of the Vietnam international airports in Hanoi, Da Nang, or Ho Chi Minh City, travelers are required to complete an Entry/Exit form (available at the airports or by previous download from our website). You will then present your Approval Letter, passport, photos, and cash payment for the Stamping Fee in order to receive the visa stamped in your passport.
Travelers can also apply for visas to visit Vietnam through their local Vietnam Embassies. For further details on applying through an embassy, please visit Vietnam Embassy Worldwide.
Vietnam visa exemption
Vietnam Visa exemption is granted to:
1. Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Laos for visits of 30 days at the maximum.
2. Citizens of Philippines for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
3. Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Russia and Finland for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
4. Citizens of Brunei for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
5. Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum or several visits of 6 months at the maximum.
6. Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports for visits of 90 days at the maximum.
7. APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 60 days at the maximum.
8. For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam : Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports who enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel to other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
If you concern about Travel Tips, please contact us for more information. Share this article if it is helpful for you!